Monday, August 9, 2010

Knit Knit at the Buyers Market of American Craft

Here's to another featured artist from the The {NewNew} booth #1530 at the Buyer's Market of American Craft Wholesale show, Baltimore, August 23-25. I have spent the last couple of weeks updating my silskcreen shirt line for winter (which is hard to get your head around in the heat of august), printing line sheets, working out my display, printing posters, it's all been fun stuff, and i hope my hard works shows at BMAC! I will be accompanied by a very talented group of makers, local to new york, the etsy sellers of The {NewNew}.

KnitKnit will be joinging me at the show, as she did last year - with her clever twists on traditional knitting, she turns fiber art on its head with such contemporary favorites as the knitted powercord scarf, berry bag, and needle felted came. She also does clever things with gemstone jewelry! Integrating small knitted or felted elements to provide a light contrasting textural element to the smooth stones.

For more of her work, visit her etsy store and find her at BMAC Booth 1530.