Friday, July 2, 2010

My Indie Purchases from Hearth and Home at BIM



Sorry I have been neglecting my blog posts so much lately - KimmChi has been all aflutter with the press from Governors Island and trying to get new product out to Bento and Moxie.

I did want to report back on the Hearth and Home Handmade date at Brooklyn Indie Market. It was so much fun and some real great products came out of the Etsysphere. It's always exciting to me to see how you can incorporate quality handmade products into every aspect of your daily life.

The day started with kiosk decorating to really highlight some of the unique handmade wares integrated in these great vintage vinettes. For more photos click here.












Everything looked so great - of course I had to make some purchases for myself!
I bought a great sturdy bottle opener with a stained yellow handle, so great, nice and hefty - beats the cheapo one that I've had forever. I also couldn't resist this super nerdy mother board button by Can't Afford 'em Crafts, so cool, gave it to my brother in law for Father's day - one step closer to MacGyver with this. And I also found these great recipe cards in my {NewNew} email blast from MyZoeTrope - i totally ran home and started copying all of my favorite recipes on to these - god knows i need the organization, lamination is step 2.

All in all, a great weekend of shopping handmade