Friday, May 21, 2010

Weekend Warrior

This will be a tough weekend for me to be out there vending while running a half-marathon, but somehow I managed to do it. I couldn't let the book launch of Markets of New York City at Brooklyn Indie Market on Saturday pass without being there. KnitKnit will be manning the KimmChi/KnitKnit kiosk outside the market selling our new shirts and her new jewelry while inside the tent, Kathy curates a selection of designers featured in the books, sells Ninecakes and New Jerk City and hosts Karen Seiger to sign copies of her book, Markets of New York City.

Markets of New York City
features several local haunts for independent designers to sell their wares - from the Brooklyn Indie Market, to the Brooklyn Flea, to the New Amsterdam Market - it's a great little city resource.

I'll have both men's and ladie's tees as well as the new line I'm developing for the handmade retail store at Govenors Island all summer... but more on that later.