Monday, December 7, 2009

What I bought at the Holiday Handmade Cavalcade!

What's nice about doing some holiday shows is that you get to shop and work at the same time, and the Holiday Handmade Cavalcade was no different! I had a great time and got to cross some people off of my Christmas list. I started in the back - chatted with Etsy, ate some yummy cupcakes with Ninecakes and the Children's Museum of Arts, and went straight for the chocolate! There, with Daniel's help, I picked out to raw chocolate bars (that I will use as stocking stuffer) - that seem to me at least, completely guilt free! Thank you Fine and Raw! And look at their packaging - yes, the designer in me was immediately smitten.
Next up to the middle room where I picked up some felted soaps that I had worked out with NordeaSoaperie - me choosing basic colors for the felting and scents for the soaps, glad they were ready today so i could pick them up - and look at the beautiful presentation. And finally up to the top level of the Holiday Handmade Cavalcade I found some great jewelry for my sister and presents for my new nephew. I went straight to Windows of Agate to see if she had sewn anything new or things I hadn't seen before - and lo and behold, she had! She had these great little children's play blankets, that were super soft with littles tabs for toddlers to grab on too - perfect! and look at the beautful fabric, so retro.
The other person I was looking to shop for was my little sister. I had given her a ring last year and she lost it and was so upset so I was on the hunt for a replacement when I came across this really hip stacking rings from Lingua Nigra. Perfect! She'll love them.For more local shopping from the New York region - Search Etsy, newnewteam
Happy Local Holiday Shopping!

-Kimm
KimmChi.etsy.com