Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Purchases from Crafts in Chelsea

It is sooooo hard to hold back when you are doing a show, from spending all of your earnings on some of the great artistry that is around you, and Crafts In Chelsea was no exception! I was positioned more toward 8th Avenue between the adorable work by Hanky Blanky and the ultra hip bags of Sansmap.As always, such a pleasure to get to know people's creative process and always hear about their addiction to materials - we all seem to have it! The love of fabrics and patterns and generally just making stuff, and we all respect it in each other and can appreciate the wonderful creative products that come out of it.

I couldn't resist coming home with several things that I have had my eye on for sometime - the winter and fall tea towels by Claudia G Pearson to be exact. I just love them! Talk about something to brighten up your day in the kitchen! Well i couldn't resist and also had to put two 2011 calendar towels on hold.
I also picked up this super funny button from LennyMud, i laughed out loud when i saw it, think i might have to wear it everyday!

I also found some great Gemini magnets from Lu Crafts that were also too hysterical and um, very accurate for us Gemini. No photo of those to keep the mystery alive.

And my last fantastic find was this gorgeous necklace by XYZ that i traded for two kimmchi shirts. It's hand hammered and made from recycled building copper. Wow I just love it!