Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So Many Craft Books so Little Time

I got so many great crafty how-to books for Christmas this year. I hope to do some book reviews and project how-to's in the coming months.

On the sewing front I got Sew U by Built by Wendy founder Wendy Mullin, and I already took a quick flip through and can't wait to get on my sewing machine. I took her advice and my first step was to get a great pair of sewing shears - that should last me a good thirty years.

Also on the sewing tip, i got Sew What! Skirts: 16 Simple Styles You Can Make with Fabulous Fabrics, which I'll have to get right to once i get the foundations down with Sew U.

And the nudge i need to host my own crafty gathering will be coming from Maura Madden's Crafternoon - organized by month, with great ideas and tips to suit every craft level.

Look for my reviews at TheNewNewNY